NEWS & UPDATES
NEW COUM EXHIBITION - HULL 2017
ART SEX MUSIC - THE NEW MEMOIR BY COSEY FANNI TUTTI
3rd Feb - 22nd March 2017
10am - 8pm / Price: Free
Explore the life of COUM Transmissions in the first exhibition of materials drawn from the personal archives of Cosey Fanni Tutti and Genesis P-Orridge. Live events organised by The Quietus will trace the conception and legacy of COUM, combining music, talks and discussions among original COUM members.
Founded in Hull during the late 1960s by artists Genesis P-Orridge and Cosey Fanni Tutti, COUM Transmissions was a collective whose work confronted, subverted and challenged societal conventions.
Labelled ‘the wreckers of civilisation’ by a Conservative MP following COUM’s Prostitution show at London’s Institute of Contemporary Arts, the group’s end in 1976 heralded the formation of the musical collective Throbbing Gristle.
WHO ARE COUM TRANSMISSIONS?
A guide to the performance art collective formed in Hull.
HUMBER STREET GALLERY
64 Humber Street, Hull. HU1 1TU
(Accessible Toilets, Level Access, Lift Access, Wheelchair Access)
TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW!Made in Hull - BBC Radio 4
Artist Cosey Fanni Tutti, Spencer Tunick and film-maker Sean McAllister are some of the leading contributors to Hull UK City of Culture 2017.
Available to stream or download.
Faber are proud to announce the publication of
ART SEX MUSIC
by Cosey Fanni Tutti
for 6th April 2017
(U.S. edition 1st May )
Art Sex Music is the autobiography of a musician who, as a founding member of the avant-garde group Throbbing Gristle and electronic pioneers Chris & Cosey, has consistently challenged the boundaries of music over the past four decades.
It is the account of an artist who, as part of COUM Transmissions, represented Britain at the IXth Biennale de Paris, whose Prostitution show at the ICA in 1976 caused the Conservative MP Nicholas Fairbairn to declare her, COUM and Throbbing Gristle ‘Wreckers of Civilisation’… shortly before he was arrested for indecent exposure, and whose work continues to be held at the vanguard of contemporary art, some of which resides as part of the Tate permanent collection.
And it is the story of her work as a pornographic model and striptease artiste which challenged assumptions about morality, pornography and art.
Art Sex Music is the wise, shocking and elegant autobiography of Cosey Fanni Tutti.
Pre-Order Art Sex Music at Amazon
Pre-Order Art Sex Music at Waterstones
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Art Sex Music - Spoken Word Events
For enquiries (readings and Q&A etc.) regarding Cosey’s forthcoming autobiography please contact
Dan Papps, Manager of Faber Social, on 020 7927 3849 or email email@example.com
Faber & Faber
CHRIS & COSEY DISCUSS USING EVENTIDE EFFECTS IN THROBBING GRISTLE
- Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti discuss how Throbbing Gristle used the legendary Eventide H910 Harmonizer in the studio. The hardware unit has recently been relaunched as a ‘plug-in’ for digital audio workstations.
More details here.
THROBBING GRISTLE LPs RE-PRESSED
- Back in 2011 Industrial Records reissued five Throbbing Gristle albums (A Second Annual Report, DOA The Third & Final Report, Heathen Earth, 20 Jazz Funk Greats, and Throbbing Gristle’s Greatest Hits) as deluxe vinyl editions. Back by popular demand, those re-mastered albums are being re-pressed. Industrial will also bring out another pressing of X-TG’s Desertshore / The Final Report, which was Chris Carter & Cosey Fanni Tutti’s 2012 tribute to their departed TG comrade Peter “Sleazy” Christopherson.
Get your fix from 4th April via Boomkat
Don’t know your Throbbing Gristle? Read the essential guide to one of the most politically and sonically antagonistic bands of all time.
THE GRISTLEIZER - UPDATED!
- UPDATE - June 2016 - A brand new range of official TG endorsed Gristleizer Eurorack modules are currently in the works - and are being designed right here in the UK. Final production is still some months away but as soon as I have more details I will post the information on the www.gristleizer.com website. Or follow our new Twitter feed at… @THEGRISTLEIZER to get all the latest news.
INDUSTRIAL SOUNDTRACK FOR THE URBAN DECAY
- Post Premier Q&A at BFI, London. 8th May 2015
Writer-director Amélie Ravalec and co-director Travis Collins join industrial music duo
Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti to reflect on the origins of industrial music.
WORLD PREMIERE at the BFI, London. 8th May
A new documentary tracing the origins and development of industrial music featuring many of its leading artists. With Throbbing Gristle, Cabaret Voltaire, NON, SPK, Test Dept, Clock DVA, Re/Search and many more.
Q&A afterwards with Directors Amélie Ravalec and Travis Collins plus Chris Carter and Cosey Fanni Tutti (Throbbing Gristle).
Buy tickets: whatson.bfi.org.uk
Further Info: industrialsoundtrack.tumblr / facebook.com