Gristleizer | CHRIS CARTER
The Gristleizer (aka: The Gristleiser or The Gristliser) was an analogue special effects unit used by industrial experimental band Throbbing Gristle during the 1970s & early 1980s. The original Gristleizer unit (including the name) was designed and made by me (Chris Carter) and was partly based on a DIY construction project by Roy Gwinn that was published as the 'GEP' (Guitar Effects Pedal) in Practical Electronics magazine (July 1975 issue). More on this can be found in the first post below.

If you have any Gristleizer related news or information you’d like included on this page
write to me line using this

Most recent posts are at the bottom of the page.
Also… please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this page.
This page serves as a simple depository for the plethora of Gristleizer related projects, concepts, products and news stories from around the internet. Apart from my own designed and built Gristleizer units the only other commercial Gristleizers I have used was the 2009 desktop reproduction designed and produced by Charles Howes - see the post ‘The Gristleizer Reproduction - 2009 Desktop Edition’ above for more info. I am only posting this information here as a service to anyone who may be unaware of these Gristleizer products but who may also be interested in finding out more about them. I have no affiliations with any of the companies listed or mentioned and they are in no way endorsed or condoned by me (Chris Carter) or (as far as I know) by Roy Gwinn. Also I cannot vouch for the quality of most of the Gristleizer products here as I have not used them.
Last updated Nov 2014